Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's working

I'm exhausted. I worked a long, emotionally taxing day at work. Baby is asleep and I'm ready to head the pillow hard. But...instead I am here, working on my spiritual goals. I'm not bitter, I'm just pooped. Anyway, let's get on with it. Yesterday I posted a scripture about Faith. To me, this element of the LDS religion and really any belief, is pivotal. There is no physical, tangible proof that any of this stuff is true. There is personal proof, spiritual proof, things that are just as valid and maybe more important than physical or scientific proof. But because the world only sees what is in front of their eyes, it is hard to convince ourselves that there is more. That is where Faith comes in. Faith is so much more than just believing in something you can't see or prove. It is a belief that leads you to action or inaction. Why do I choose to not drink alcohol? There is scientific proof that a small glass of wine is actually good for you and if you don't get drunk then why not? Well, I have faith that it is not a wise choice and I have many personal reasons why I don't. My faith leads me to inaction, not drinking. This may be a lame example, but an example non-the-less.

Faith also comes into play when I am going through a personal crisis or a hard time in my life. I have Faith that if I do what I know to be right and stay true to those things that bring true joy (not momentary pleasure) than all things will end up for the best. This Faith leads me to move forward and do what I need to do to find happiness and success.

Okay, its late and I may not be making any sense...this may help...

"Even if you cannot see that silver lining in your clouds, God can, for he is the very source of the light you seek."
- Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment